[R-SIG-Finance] statistical features of equity time series

Matthew Gilbert matthew.douglas.gilbert at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 14:43:37 CET 2012

The books "Analysis of Financial Time Series" by Ruey Tsay and
"Statistics of Financial Markets" by Franke, Hardle and Hafner are both
good references.

But ultimately if the end goal is to test a trading strategy why
simulate your own data? It seems like a lot of work and the end result
would be to generate a profitable strategy on fictitious data?