[R-SIG-Finance] Regarding availability of TTR/Quantmod etc for RV2.15.1

gunjan narulkar gunjan_narulkar at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 20:26:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm new to both - R as well as it's usage in trading - and I'm trying me best to learn things myself. So kindly excuse me if my question is very basic. I've installed R V2.15.1 and been trying to install TTR/Quantmod packages on my machine using the usual install.packages command, but I keep getting that these packages are not available in CRAN (which indeed is that case as I could not found them listed on the webpage.). So any idea when would they be available? Also, is the only work-around is to do away with RV2.15.1 and go for some older version or there are any other ways to go about it?

I'm desperate to start my practice using above packages, so please suggest me the alternatives.

Thanks & Regards,
Gunjan Narulkar,
Student,
Indian Institute of Science
LinkedIn: in.linkedin.com/pub/gunjan-narulkar/19/a3b/521