[R-SIG-Finance] Accounting in blotter query

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:50:02 CEST 2012

On 05/10/12 23:01, Brian G. Peterson wrote:

> should be outside your loop.  You never call them after making the
> last closing trade, so the ending equity that you are requesting shows
> (correctly) a loss as of the date of the last time you updated it.

Silly me.  Thank you.

> These update* functions don't need to be called every time, or even
> every transaction.  You're doing more processing than you need to do.

I do want to call the update functions every time step that contains a
transaction.  Is there a way of asking the portfolio if it has had a
transaction since the last update call?  Or do I have to track it in my
code?

cheers
Worik

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree