[R-SIG-Finance] agent-based model

geoff at wrightville.org geoff at wrightville.org
Thu Oct 4 19:48:05 CEST 2012

Simone,

Interesting topic for a master's thesis. There is a lot of information out
there but for a simple introduction and an example that you can get
working in a couple of hours, try reading the article:

R as a Simulation Platform in Ecological Modelling

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2003-3.pdf

It is not a financial market but it will give you the necessary tools to
build one. I personally found this article to be one of the more intuitive
explanations out there.

Geoff