[R-SIG-Finance] Intraday interval data from Bloomberg

John Laing john.laing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:06:59 CEST 2012

Ram,

This is straightforward using the bar function, though admittedly the
documentation is not clear on what values the field parameter can
take.

Here are some better examples:
#############
require(Rbbg)
conn <- blpConnect()
ticker <- "GOOG US Equity"
start <- "2012-09-25 15:00:00.000"
end <- "2012-09-25 16:00:00.000"
interval <- "5"

bar(conn, ticker, "TRADE", start, end, interval)
bar(conn, ticker, "BID", start, end, interval)
bar(conn, ticker, "ASK", start, end, interval)

Hope that helps,
John