[R-SIG-Finance] Backtesting Suite which can show profit/loss by time (drilldown by N time intervals)

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Sep 12 16:37:25 CEST 2012

On 09/12/2012 09:18 AM, Dave wrote:
> I'm looking for a backtesting package in R that can report profit/loss for a
> trading system by intraday time intervals.
<...>
> Does anything currently exist which has the ability to output this
> information?

Yes.

Please follow the posting guide[1] and good netiquette[2]; kindly search
before posting and demonstrate that you've put in some effort.

Searching rseek.org for 'transaction profit and loss' in the 'support
lists' tab should amply answer your question.

Also, Pat Burns previously posted a blog entry on searching for
information in R[2] and Paul Teetor covers it well in the R Cookbook [3]

Regards,

    - Brian

Ref:
[1] Posting Guide
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

[2] How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

[3] How to search the R-sig-finance archives
http://www.portfolioprobe.com/2012/01/19/how-to-search-the-r-sig-finance-archives/

[4] R Cookbook
http://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-OReilly-Cookbooks-Paul-Teetor/dp/0596809158

--