[R-SIG-Finance] Equities Data

G See gsee000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:44:11 CEST 2012

That's not really how the website is setup.  So, I don't think that's
how the function should be setup by default.  But, you can easily
filter the results by Symbol.

Here is the wrapper I mentioned.

    getSplitsCalendar <- function(from, to) {
      qmao:::getCalendarByMonth(".getSplitsCalendar", from=from, to=to)
    }

This allows you to get and merge several months of splits calendars.

    sc <- getSplitsCalendar(from='2012-01-01', to='2012-08-31')

Now you have the splits calendar from January to August.  You can
filter that by the symbol you care about.

sc[sc$Symbol == "ALK", ]
      Payable    Ex.Date    Company Symbol Optionable. Ratio  Announced
52 2012-03-16 2012-03-19 Alaska Air    ALK           Y   2-1 2012-02-16

Good enough?

Garrett