[R-SIG-Finance] Equities Data

G See gsee000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 18:04:52 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Brian G. Peterson <brian at braverock.com> wrote:
> The only way I know of to get out of maintaining it by hand is to pay for
> data.
>
> On the GUI side, Bloomberg, Factset, and Reuters have all been mentioned
> already I think.  Rbbg of course talks to Bloomberg.
>
> On the other vendor side, I think Interactive Brokers has this data, and it
> may be available via the IBrokers package if it is available via the IB API.
> Additional vendors, such as CSIdata, tickdata.com, Reuters, CRSP, Telekurs,
> etc all sell this data, at varying prices and quality.

Interactive Brokers does provide an "Upcoming Dividend Schedule" for
stocks, but it is a rough estimate that is often wrong.  Also, I don't
think you can get it from their API (although if someone knows how,
please speak up).  I think you have to go into the GUI, right-click a
stock and select Dividend Schedule.

-Garrett