[R-SIG-Finance] sufficient n for a binomial option pricing model

Smith, Dale Dale.Smith at fiserv.com
Thu Sep 6 16:40:35 CEST 2012

One way to terminate is to look at the consecutive differences between
the averages and terminate if the difference is less than your
tolerance. However, you should guard against the case where the
consecutive differences are never less than the tolerance. In this case,
just put in a maximum number of steps n and log the last average, the
number of steps, and a message. This allows the user to determine
whether they want to accept or reject the result.

Thanks,
Dale Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Financial Quantitative Analyst
Risk & Compliance