[R-SIG-Finance] Free Course "Introduction to Computational Finance and Financial Econometrics"

Eric Zivot ezivot at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 24 19:01:34 CEST 2012

I was just about to send a post to the list advertising the free Coursera
course "Introduction to Computational Finance	and Financial Econometrics".
This course is based on my senior undergrad course of the same title (see
http://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot/econ424/econ424.htm ). The course
starts September 3rd! I use R throughout the course for financial data
analysis and visualization, but it is not an R programming course.

This course is part of the University of Washington's participation with
Coursera. Several other UW courses of interest are

https://www.coursera.org/#course/scientificcomp
https://www.coursera.org/#course/datasci
https://www.coursera.org/#course/proglang

Eric Zivot
Robert Richards Chaired Professor of Economics
Adjunct Professor of Finance
Adjunct Professor of Statistics
Adjunct Professor of Applied Mathematics
Department of Economics
Box 353330                  email:  ezivot at u.washington.edu
University of Washington    phone:  206-543-6715
Seattle, WA 98195-3330
www:  http://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot