[R-SIG-Finance] FinancialInstrument functions output / side effect variables

G See gsee000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:44:25 CEST 2012

Hi Doug,

You can use getInstrument to see the instruments

e.g.

  stock("SPY", currency("USD"))
  getInstrument("USD")
  getInstrument("SPY")

Please take a look at the files in the demo directory
(https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/FinancialInstrument/demo/FIdemo2.R?view=markup&root=blotter)

You'll also probably be interested in ?buildHierarchy

build_series_symbols does nothing but return a character vector and it
does not store it anywhere and it does not create any instruments. (I
personally use future_id from the twsInstrument package to serve the
purpose of build_series_symbols)

HTH,
Garrett