[R-SIG-Finance] quantstrat issues and patches?

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Aug 19 14:46:44 CEST 2012

On 08/19/2012 07:40 AM, Joel wrote:
> Quantstrat maintainers:
>
> First off, super job you have done so far with quantstrat. I have only
> just started testing it out, but I like a lot of things about it. I
> can see that a lot of thought and hard work has been put into it, so I
> wanted to start by saying that I appreciate all your efforts very
> much.
>
> Working with svn revision 1126, however, I have come across a minor issue.
>
> I like to explain in issue in detail (and the trivial fix I would
> propose), but before I do that, I'd like to confirm that there isn't
> another list or forum which is more appropriate for things like this.
> Is this list the place to discuss quantstrat issues and patches/fixes?

Joel,

Problems and questions questions are often discussed on this list.

For discussion of code/functionality changes, an email off-list to the
package maintainer (in this case, me) is probably more appropriate.
that way we can discuss it without cluttering this list with the discussion.

So, I'd be happy to go though it with you off-list.

Regards,

    - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson