[R-SIG-Finance] xts and Sys.time() - very stange behaviour

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Wed Aug 1 20:57:23 CEST 2012

On 08/01/2012 01:39 PM, Joshua Ulrich wrote:
> This is an issue with precision and formatting when you convert to
> character.
<...>
> I don't know of a solution, other than "don't do that".

I found that keeping the POSIXct object, and modifying that directly,
massively improves both speed and correctness of matching over using the
character representation with sub-second data.  This of course makes
sense, as you are matching a number to a number, rather than a number to
a string converted to a number.

Regards,

    - Brian