[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers : quotes from futures combo and reqIds

Stergios Marinopoulos stergios_marinopoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 19:21:50 CEST 2012

I think see the problem.  Looking at the TWS error log, I can see that IBrokers reqMkData() is requesting the following generic tick types by default: "100,101,104,106,165,221,225,236", (and this is documented in IBroker's reqMktData() DOH!!!) where

100: Option Volume
101: Option Open Interest 104: Historical Volatility 106: Option Implied Volatility 165: Miscellaneous Stats 221: Mark Price225: Auction values236: Shortable

Those tick types do not make sense for this BAG contract.  The only thing that makes sense for this BAG contract is the spreads between bid, ask, or last.   So when you call reqMktData() set tickGenerics="".  But when I try it, however, nothing seems to be happen.

I believe the eventWrapper argument or the CALLBACK argument to reqMktData() needs to be used in order to receive the (Java equivalent) tickPrice() events.  Maybe someone with experience with those arguments can chime in.

--
Stergios Marinopoulos