[R-SIG-Finance] rugarch vs fgarch

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Jul 19 15:40:26 CEST 2012

You can do this with rugarch (and possibly fGarch) by passing the
external regressors (factors) in the conditional mean equation. The
documentation and vignette should provide enough information to enable
you to figure out how to do this. You can also adopt a 2-stage approach
in which case any GARCH package can do this (by passing the residuals
from a first stage regression).

-Alexios