[R-SIG-Finance] TSE ticker problems

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:35:22 CEST 2012

Jeff

I've switched back and forth between chart.yahoo.com and
ichart.finance.yahoo.com. Some things seem to fail on one or the other.
I made yahoo.URL an argument so I could pass it, and looped through a
list trying the second if the first failed. Currently  BBD.B.TO fails
with both, but it worked on the default URL yesterday. I'm pausing for 2
seconds between each retrieval, so I don't think yahoo should be
blocking me.

In addition, I had not noticed the gap that Garrett just pointed out.

Paul