[R-SIG-Finance] expanding window forecasting by rugarch nd rmgarch

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Jun 21 22:22:07 CEST 2012

Please do not post more than once (this is your 3rd duplicate post in 24
hours). Your original email was received this morning and this is an
open source software mailing list...someone MIGHT reply when they have
the time and inclination.

If you read the documentation on ugarchrolll (the 'Details' section) it
explains how the number of periods to forecast are calculated (i.e.
since 2767 is not divisible by 5 it takes the nearest number divisible
by 5 less than 2767). If you search previous posts to the mailing list
you will also find hints as to how to use the function and that it only
produces forecast to the extend of available out of sample data. For
more complex setups use ugarchfit+ugarchforecast based on your own
loop/rolling scheme.

-Alexios

PS Do have the courtesy of signing your emails with your name.