[R-SIG-Finance] RQuantLib possible bug in yearFraction and dayCount

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 04:57:30 CEST 2012

Hmmmm... looking at the source code, you see the return value is
wrapped in invisible() so it won't auto-print but it is returned
--it's not a bug, but I don't know exactly why Dirk would have done
that. There are other functions that return invisibly (e.g., most plot
functions) but those are usually side-effect functions.

The invisible() was added not too long ago in r322 it seems, but the
log doesn't quite explain why. Perhaps Dirk can chime in?

Michael