[R-SIG-Finance] RBLOOMBERG--conn=blpConnect(iface="COM") PROBLEMS

Juan José Fernández García jjfgarcia at renta4.es
Thu May 31 14:22:15 CEST 2012

Hi Nick
Sorry, i have been out of office for two days

I tried what you suggested

conn <- blpConnect()

bdp(conn,"ES1 Index","PX_LAST")

Everything works fine and R downloaded the last price

I don't have any particular preference for the CONN interface, it is just that this code is working fine in another computer. Also I need to set up two parameters (daily data for open market days), parameters that I can set up using the function as defined in
http://rgm2.lab.nig.ac.jp/RGM2/func.php?rd_id=RBloomberg:blpConnect

but parameters that I cant use using the Java configuration

One stupid question

The functions I used in the link above require Package RBloomberg version 0.1-10

But I downloaded the RBloomberg Version 0.4-151

Could this be the problem?

Thanks for your patience and help

JJ