[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers - reqOpenOrders and placeOrder not working

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:02:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM, omerle <omerle at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 1 - A friend under linux used svn linux http://ibrokers.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ to
> make
> a IBrokers directory.
> Then I zipped the file.
> 2 - And I installed by doing :
> install.packages("C:/R/Software/IBrokers.zip", repos=NULL)
> Installing package(s) into ‘C:/R/R-last-version/library’
> 3 -
> library("IBrokers")
> Error in library(IBrokers) : 'IBrokers' is not a valid installed package
>
> (There is a IBrokers directory in my library)
>
> Does the IBrokers 0.9-7 version is not working or I made something wrong ?

You did something very wrong.  You assumed you knew what to do instead
of reading the manual:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html

The fourth paragraph of the first section of the manual above has a link to:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Add_002don-packages

And make sure to read:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-Windows

Note that this has nothing to do with finance, and is therefore
off-topic for this list.

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com