[R-SIG-Finance] look at the underlying source code

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Thu May 17 19:45:34 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM, jaimie villanueva
<jaimie.villanueva at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> someone can show me how can i get the source code of a function. Exactly,
> Function "ugarchsim" from library (rugarch).
> I need to know (in detailed ) how the variance and  mean ecuation of a
> arma/garch process are calculated.
> With other packages like "fGarch" i used to invoked the function debug ()
> and allows me to step into the functions but with ugarchsim i can't use it.
>
> any suggestions are well received

I reiterate the suggestion Alexios already gave you, namely that you
use some of the, "many resources online to learn about R, S3, S4
etc.".  Also, "how do I look at source code?" is not a finance-related
question, even though you want to look at the source code of a
finance-related function.

> thanks
>
> Jamie

Best,