[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers - reqOpenOrders and placeOrder not working anymore

omerle omerle at laposte.net
Fri May 11 15:03:39 CEST 2012

Dear All,

First thanks to Jeff Ryan for the very interesting IBrokers package.

After looking for answers on Rseek without success, your are my last hope !

Here is my problem :

placeOrder & reqOpenOrders don't work on my trading accout but its working on my demo
account !

For instance when I do

reqOpenOrders(twsconn) or IBrokers:::.reqOpenOrders(twsconn)
=> I get only the error message 53 (OPEN_ORDER_END) even if I have open order in my
console.

OR

placeOrder
=> it doesnt do anything

=> But I can get TWS real time quotes or accountUpdate

(I think it was ok before at least for placeOrder)

I set the same parameter in configurationAPIs for both my demo account and trading account
but trading account is still not working.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong and how I can use both placeOrder and reqOpenOrders
?

Many Thanks,

Olivier Merle

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net