[R-SIG-Finance] Generating a front month only Time Series for Futures Prices

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:02:55 CEST 2012

Beware, this is a mine field! For example, one problem you will need
to deal with is that different commodities roll on different dates.
Then there is the nightmare quagmire of back adjusting, which is best
skipped altogether in my opinion. In short, there are many ways to get
hurt here. There is a large literature on the topic, starting with W.
D. Gann 80+ years ago. The writings of Bob Pelletier of CSI are a good
trail-head.

    John