[R-SIG-Finance] question on add_TA

Gordon Erlebacher gordon.erlebach at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:01:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

While I plan on researching this further, here is a slight problem I
encountered:

    st3 = "add_RSI(n=14)"
    st4 = "add_TA(RSI(Cl(stock),n=14), on=2)"
    print(chart_Series(stock, TA=paste(st3,st4,sep=";"), name=symbol))

The charting almost behaves as expected, except for the fact that the rsi
calculated using add_RSI and RSI
should be identical, so the TA argument should produced two curves exactly
superimposed on each other. The two curves, however, are not superimposed.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

(I attached an example.) Perhaps something is done differently in add_TA
and add_RSI regarding the y axis.

Thanks!

      Gordon