[R-SIG-Finance] Back test report in Rugarch

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Wed May 2 16:51:00 CEST 2012

Have you checked your data and code carefully?
e.g. Does your data have 975+ points (875 for forecast and 100 for
initializing the rolling estimation)?

I can't replicate your error and it is likely that you have forgotten
something:

library(rugarch)
data(sp500ret)
spec=ugarchspec()
rollD2 = ugarchroll(spec, data = as.numeric(sp500ret[1:975,1]), n.ahead
= 1, forecast.length = 875,
refit.every = 25, refit.window = "recursive", parallel = TRUE,
parallel.control = list(pkg = "snowfall", cores = 10), solver = "solnp",
solver.control = list(tol = 1e-05, delta = 1e-06, trace = 0),
calculate.VaR = TRUE, VaR.alpha = c(0.010, 0.05))

report(rollD2, type = "VaR", n.ahead = 1, VaR.alpha = 0.01, conf.level =
0.95)
Backtest Length:        875

Please check your code VERY carefully before submitting.

-Alexios