[R-SIG-Finance] Back test report in Rugarch

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Wed May 2 15:49:36 CEST 2012

What are you having trouble understanding? The Null Hypothesis is
clearly stated and the test also provides the 'decision' on whether to
reject the Null at the given confidence level.
Type ?VaRTest if you want a more detailed description of what each
parameter means, or read the vignette for a description of what the test
does with the literature reference.
As to the backtest length "not changing", you do not state under which
circumstances you experienced such as an error. From your code you
requested a forecast length of 500 which is what you got in the
resulting output.

-Alexios