[R-SIG-Finance] Fund holdings

G See gsee000 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:10:53 CEST 2012

Hi Mahesh,

I'm not aware of an R function that gets the holdings of mutual funds,
but in my "qmao" package
(https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=1113), the getHoldings
function will get the holdings and weights of iShares and Select
Sector SPDRs ETFs.

I also have some code that I haven't yet committed to the public
domain that will get the holdings of SPDRs (e.g. SPY, DIA), and Van
Eck funds (e.g. GDX, OIH) as well as a function that will get
historical holdings of iShares.  If this is of interest to anyone, I'd
be happy to make that code available.

Best,
Garrett