[R-SIG-Finance] Annotations to chart_Series data

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Apr 23 15:23:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 09:02 -0400, Gordon Erlebacher wrote:
> However, if I add the stochastic chart using "add_TA" (uncomment two
> lines in the above code), my text annotations disappear. Of course, I
> could probably create a special function to add them, similar to what
> is done with add_SMA, but is there another way?

You need to either let the chob object know about your chart layer as
the add_* functions do, or you need to put your text or other overlays
on the chart *last*.

Each call to add_* function will rerender the chart, using the
information stored in the chob.  So, if you don't want to work wit hthe
chob, your overlay needs to be added later.

Regards,

  - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson