[R-SIG-Finance] Problems with chartSeries when called in a function

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 01:48:49 CEST 2012

This question has been raised many times on-list.  Search for
"chartSeries plot from function" on rseek.org and look at the results
on the "Support Lists" tab.

You need to wrap your addTA calls in plot().  The reason you get
addCCI is because it's being returned from the function.

test <- function(PAIR="USD/NZD"){
 S <- getSymbols(PAIR, src="oanda", auto.assign=FALSE)
 NZD.w <- to.weekly(S)
 chartSeries(NZD.w)
 po <- EMA(NZD.w)
 plot(addTA(po))