[R-SIG-Finance] how to save the quantstrat performance chart

Jim Green student.northwestern at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:20:39 CEST 2012

Good Evening!

in maCross.R in the demo folder of quantstrat,
chart.Posn(Portfolio='macross',Symbol=stock.str) is called to generate
the performance chart. internally it calls chart_Series in quantmod.

the chart it produced is very nice, the only thing that bothers me is
the font of the label is too small and looks like there is no easy way
to zoom in an out interactively.

Could anyone advise how to save that chart to some image format on the
hard drive so I can zoom in and out without much loss of definition? I
tried quantmod documentation and came across saveChart command but
still don't know how to integrate to maCross.R for example.

Thanks!
Jim.