[R-SIG-Finance] yahoo data request policy - quantstrat/quantmod

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:51:48 CET 2012

The code itself (getSymbols) uses a 1s between request convention. If you pass a request of less than 5 symbols at a time the request has no delay.

I general, 1s between requests seems like a reasonable number, but entirely arbitrary. You can of course modify the internals if you want, but it isn't just a parameter to somewhat force quantmod users to be friendly toward the free providers.

Best,
Jeff

Jeffrey Ryan    |    Founder    |    jeffrey.ryan at lemnica.com

www.lemnica.com