[R-SIG-Finance] using findPeaks in designing railing-stops?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:28:40 CET 2012

No....perhaps you misunderstand what the "threshold" means? It means
the point of interest has to be x greater than its neighbor, not the
amount by which it has to exceed the valley. If you look in the
neighborhood of ~55:65 (the "next peak" on your graph) you'll see no
point is that far above its predecessor so there's no peak (so to
speak). Type findPeaks without parentheses and try to understand the
code used and the implicit definition of what a peak is. There's also
a lag convention you should be aware of.

What do you mean you cannot change the number 5?

Michael