[R-SIG-Finance] ugarchfit() ARCH LM tests contradict ArchTest()?

alexios alexios at 4dscape.com
Sat Feb 11 22:45:50 CET 2012

I find that they agree completely:

library(rugarch)
data(dji30ret)
fit = ugarchfit(ugarchspec(),dji30ret[,1])

# The ARCH LM Test on the squared standardized residuals shows:
ARCH LM Tests
------------------------------------
              Statistic DoF P-Value
ARCH Lag[2]     0.6795   2  0.7119
ARCH Lag[5]     1.9091   5  0.8616
ARCH Lag[10]    4.2709  10  0.9343

z = residuals(fit)/sigma(fit)

library(FinTS)
ArchTest(z, 2)
Chi-squared = 0.6795, df = 2, p-value = 0.7119
ArchTest(z, 10)
Chi-squared = 4.2709, df = 10, p-value = 0.9343

i.e. EXACTLY the same.

Regards,
Alexios