[R-SIG-Finance] American option sensitivities

Thomas Schwiertz Thomas.Schwiertz at gutmark.net
Fri Feb 10 00:40:37 CET 2012

Hi James,
binary pricers means you go up or down in a tree. This is kind of Monte-Carlo Method. In an european option framework you can use black- scholes i. e. you can really calculate (analytics) sensitivities. Of course you can define a sensitivity, which result is the answer to "what amount does my option move if the the underlying changes e.g. 1%?" BTW usual definitions for interest rates or traders... You should define your underlying, Definition of your sensitivity... Does that help?
R,
Thomas

Von meinem iPhone gesendet