[R-SIG-Finance] BuildIBContract odd behavior

G See gsee000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:39:40 CET 2012

Mark,

Please update FinancialInstrument and twsInstrument.

I cannot reproduce your warning with the current code.  Usually you
get that warning if you request a stock and the first one that is
found is denominated in a currency that is not defined.
And, you shouldn't get the warning that NOK was defined for you unless
it was not defined.

In version 0.10 of FinancialInstrument I moved the .instrument
environment from .GlobalEnv to FinancialInstrument:::.instrument.  It
sounds like buildIBcontract is looking in the wrong place for the
currency.

If this is still repeatable after you update, let me know.

HTH,
Garrett