[R-SIG-Finance] Latest version of R for blotter

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Thu Jan 5 22:37:23 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 16:20 -0500, Bos, Roger wrote:
> Thanks Josh!  I guess I am just lazy in that respect.  Linux users are
> used to building everything, but the R-maintainers really spoils all
> of us windows users by providing binaries of everything.

Clearly true.

Unfortunately, when you're using code from R-Forge such as
blotter/FinancialInstrument/quantstrat, those packages are changing
multiple times per week, and sometimes multiple times per day...

... so building from source, even on Windows, using Rtools to install
the source package is the best way to keep up.

Regards,

   - Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson