[R-SIG-Finance] Happy holidays and trading strategies in R?

Uffe K. Mortensen ukmortensen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 18:08:30 CET 2011

Happy holidays too,

I use R for some trades, but never directly. I get more accurate
variance and K inno estimates from R. R is great for that.

I know of nobody (yet) that became millionaires with algorithmic
trading. Quite a few aspire to become millionaires by writing about it
instead!
IMHO the classic Market Hypothesis exclude large algo trade gains,
except for rare pricing errors others anyway will detect much faster
than you and me.

For the classic algorithm trades there is a big library of them over
at prorealtime.com. You can test and program algorithms easily and
backtest for free, except for intraday.
Backtesting there saved me much time debunking misc. 'snakeoil' algos
that occasionally hit the press...

Greetings,
Uffe.