[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg, blpConnect, java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError

algotr8der algotr8der at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:56:15 CET 2011

Here is the output of the path variables on my machine. Doesn't seem like the
JAVA_HOME is set. Is this a requirement? Does the java folder also need to
be in the PATH variable?

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>echo %path%

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\blp\API;C:\blp\API\dd

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>echo %java_path%
%java_path%

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>echo $JAVA_HOME
$JAVA_HOME

Anyone have any idea of how I can troubleshoot this going forward?
Appreciate the help.