[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics Figure 13

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Dec 19 14:25:44 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 02:14 -0800, loconut wrote:
> To clarify, the format "YYYY-MM-DD" isn't an option for formatting dates in
> Excel if the locale is set to English (U.S.). If you switch the locale to
> English (U.K.), or probably any other country, this format option becomes
> available.
> Regards

Most recent versions of Excel offer an 'ISO-8601' or a
YYY=MM=DD' format, which os correct.  The ommission of that format in
the 'English(United States)' locale hardly counts as a problem for R.
All versions of Excel for at least a decade have also offered a 'custom'
format.

There are more reasons than could be conveniently enumerated to not use
Excel for quantitative finance.

But this is an R list, not an Excel list, so I'll stop there.

Regards,

    - Brian