[R-SIG-Finance] fPortfolio - SOCP not available?

Adrian Madescu madescuadrian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:20:50 CET 2011

I'm trying to maximize the return of a portfolio using the "fPortfolio"
package.  I've installed also the "fPortfolioSolver" package.

With the exact lines that have been posted i get the next error:

> require(fPortfolio)
> require(fPortfolioSolver)

> lppData=100*LPP2005.RET[,1:6]
> maxRetSpec=portfolioSpec()
> setTargetRisk(maxRetSpec)=0.07
> setSolver(maxRetSpec)="solveRsocp"
> efficientPortfolio(data=lppData, spec=maxRetSpec, constraints="LongOnly")
*
Error in .C("socp_getwork", as.integer(L), as.integer(N), as.integer(n),  :
  C symbol name "socp_getwork" not in DLL for package "Rsocp" *

Could you please help me out?

Thanks,
Adrian.