[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics - Sharpes Style Analysis- but with intercept?

Peter Carl peter at braverock.com
Thu Dec 1 03:39:19 CET 2011

Sharpe didn't actually include an intercept in the paper referenced for
that function, and so the residual component is treated as the excess
return relative to the composite benchmark.  That could be interpreted to
represent the ability of the fund to outperform or underperform the
portfolio constructed of the factors.

I'm not sure exactly what exactly you want to do, but you might find the
commented code for that function helpful if you're thinking about
extending the function:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/FactorAnalytics/R/style.QPfit.R?view=markup&root=returnanalytics

HTH,

pcc