[R-SIG-Finance] Option valuation for arbitrary distribution using monte carlo simulation

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Thu Nov 24 18:42:10 CET 2011

I think it *is* clear what the volatility
of a stable distribution (other than
Gaussian) is: infinite.

That implies, I believe, that the price
of most options would also be infinite.
I'm not so convinced that doing a Monte
Carlo for options pricing with a stable
distribution is a good idea.

Caveat: I'm basically ignorant about options
pricing.

Pat