[R-SIG-Finance] Option valuation for arbitrary distribution using monte carlo simulation

Joachim Breit jbreit at nexgo.de
Thu Nov 24 16:19:30 CET 2011

Thank you for the interesting link.

I agree that you can use a (fit of a) stable distribution for sampling
purposes. But please: Why not simply use the raw data and sample from
that? What could be a better starting point? Again, it is clear that you
cannot use the raw return series as it comes off your data feed; there
is a need for adjusting. But there cannot be a better fit to the raw
data than the raw data itself...