[R-SIG-Finance] VECM

vramaiah at neo.tamu.edu vramaiah at neo.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 18 21:46:36 CET 2011

Hello Prof Pfaff
Thank you for your help.  I ran with many combinations of SR and LR with only exception is NA in both [1,1] positions.  It is a bivariate, so it is 2X2 matrix.  No reprive; the same error.
Then I tried to mimic Code 8-11 and Table 8-14 of Analysis of Int & Coint TS with R for my data.  Interestingly, Serial Test both asymptotic and adjusted looked fine, but JB Test and arch test had zero p-value.  I ran normality test again with P=1,2,3,4,5 for my data and got p-value for Residuals of VAR and Kurtosis around 2 times e(-16).  Skewness had highest value of 0.015 for P=4 and 0.001 for P=3 but of the order of e-10 for P=1 and 2.  Does that mean my distribution of error term is not normal?  If so what can I do about the input data?
My data are quarterly US GDP and Consumption expressed as log per capital for a period of 1949-2009 and ranges from 4.2661 to 4.8116 for GDP and 4.0714-4.6601 for consumption with steady upward trend except for last 4 quarters.
Do I need any "de=trending" adjustments to the data?
I hope you can provide me some guidance in this area.
Thank you in advance
Ram Ramaiah