[R-SIG-Finance] GBSVolatility in fOptions

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 04:20:55 CET 2011

BA,

.fGBSVolatility is the objective function.  You asked about the
root-finding algorithm.  Please see ?uniroot; among other things, it
says:

     The function uses Fortran subroutine 'zeroin' (from Netlib)
     based on algorithms given in the reference below.  They assume a
     continuous function (which then is known to have at least one root
     in the interval).

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com