[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg connection options - Email found in subject

David Reiner David.Reiner at xrtrading.com
Wed Sep 28 17:57:31 CEST 2011

Thanks for the response, John.
I tried this:
> tick(conn, "ESA Index", c("BID", "ASK"), "2011-09-28 10:00:00.000", "2011-09-28 10:00:01.000", option_names="useUTCTime",option_values="FALSE")
Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :
  com.bloomberglp.blpapi.NotFoundException: Element Defintion: useUTCTime not found in: IntradayTickRequest

I guess I will have to always remember to shift my times to/from UTC or write a wrapper.
I'm not sure it is supported for intraday tick requests; on WAPI<go> under the API development topics #5,
they seem to indicate that it should work for at least VWAPs, but it's a little hard to know if it applies to others.

Thanks for all your good work on this package!
-- David

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.1 Patched (2011-08-17 r56745)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                           LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] zoo_1.7-3          RBloomberg_0.4-150 rJava_0.9-1

[1] grid_2.13.1     lattice_0.19-31