[R-SIG-Finance] Weird problem with latest RQuantLib not working with QuantMod on R 2.13.1

chandra bajpai cbajpai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 05:12:28 CEST 2011

Hi,
I just got a new machine and installed a fresh version of R 2.13.1
(latest version) and
I think I found a problem with RQuantLib causing a problem an external
module (QuantMod).

I've got a 3 line program that shows the problem:

R Version - R 2.13.1  (32 bit)
OS: WIndows 7-64 bit
RQuantLib ver: 0.3.8
QuantMod ver: 0.3-17

R Test Program Execution:

> library(quantmod)
> library(RQuantLib)
>
> getSymbols("GOOG", from = "2011-05-01", to="2011-05-30", auto.assign = FALSE)
Error in if (adjust) { : argument is not interpretable as logical

Now if I comment out library(RQuantLib), it works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?  Any workaround?
bw - This works perfectly on my R 2.11.1 machine.

Thanks,
Chandra