[R-SIG-Finance] Rmetrics - additional file needed to use read.lynx() in Windows

bruno.monastero bruno.monastero at polito.it
Sun Jul 17 18:34:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

at the url https://www.rmetrics.org/blog/LynxReader is described how to install the lynx browser in order to use read.lynx() under Windows, in one section, The Minimalist Win32 Installation, is written:

A Win32 standalone installation could be an alternative option if you like to avoid the tour on the cygwin installation. You can find many pointers on the Internet to lynx binaries but none to our experience is working properly together with R. Thus we have prepared a zip file with the necessary files from the cygwin distribution which you can download from the Rmetrics R-Forge repository.

However the procedure does not work, it is needed another file: cygintl-3.dll, it is in the libintl3 cygwin library, and can be recovered running the setup of cygwin and asking explicitly that library.