[R-SIG-Finance] statistical remedy needed

Mark Leeds markleeds2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:42:26 CEST 2011

hi: the paired t-test is used when you want to reduce variance ( by
differencing the
same observational unit ) or reduce the amount of confounding. in this
case, I think it's more appropriate to use a regular t-test on two
populations. that will also get rid of the autocorrelation problem. of
course, if the variances of the 2 series differs greatly,
then you have a new problem ( and should use welch t-test).

                                                                           mark