[R-SIG-Finance] semi-nonparametric density function

Eric Zivot ezivot at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 4 20:14:41 CEST 2011

The SNP density model is coded in in S+FinMetrics. However, George Tauchen at Duke has the source code in Fortran and in C++ on his website and you can try to compile and link it in R (good luck). It is essentially a Graham-Charile expansion (edgeworth type expansion) around the normal distribution involving Hermite polynomials and is a fairly standard expansion used in Statistics.
*  Eric Zivot                  			               *
*  Robert Richards Chaired Professor of Economics              *
*  Department of Economics                                     *
*  Adjunct Professor of Finance                                *
*  Adjunct Professor of Statistics
*  Box 353330                  email:  ezivot at u.washington.edu *
*  University of Washington    phone:  206-543-6715            *
*  Seattle, WA 98195-3330                                      *                                                           *
*  www:  http://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot                  *